As Instructor of Mathematics at St. Thomas University within the College of Health Sciences and Technology, you will teach at the undergraduate level; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship/professional development; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Teaches 12 credit hours per semester of undergraduate courses in Mathematics and related subjects.
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates.
- Engages in reflective self-assessment of teaching styles and methods to ensure consistently effective instructional performance.
- Actively serves on university committees.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings.
- Assists with the development of curriculum.
- Continued professional development activity is expected at a level commensurate with the mission of the University. Community, institutional and professional service in furtherance of STU’s mission is expected of all faculty.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Chair.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Statistics or a closely-related area from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the discipline.
- Demonstrated potential for, or a record of, achievement in teaching lower division Mathematics courses.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Instructor.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience with and commitment to the use of instructional technology, a willingness to cultivate an interdisciplinary perspective; and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning.
- Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
APPLICATION PROCESS: A complete application must include a full CV, teaching statement, research statement, three letters of recommendation and a copy of transcripts. Online applications are preferred and should be sent to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.