The full-time nursing faculty develops, implements, evaluates, and help on the evaluation of the Academic outcomes of the Program following CCNE accreditation standards. Support the Program Director as a leader in developing, coordinating, and supervising all aspects of the program on an ongoing basis. Assists in maintaining a healthy and caring environment that offers a variety of opportunities for students to actively participate in the learning process. Major responsibilities of faculty include teaching, tutoring, and professional development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Periodically review of the used and available instructional material currently in effect for teaching.
- Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Integrate classroom theory with planned clinical performance
- Ability to plan and prepare course content and curriculum, utilizing assessment and effective methodologies of instruction for the enhancement of learning.
- Make sure all Syllabus are posted accurate and updated
- Works with the Program Director and Faculty on selection of textbooks and resources.
- Work with the Library to ensure that the needs of the program are met.
- Assist the Campus librarians to ensure that the library and resource room have enough
- Maintain expertise in field of study and teaching pedagogy by attending seminars, workshops and classes for self- improvement and/or professional enhancement.
- Maintain active participation in professional organizations as appropriate
- Participate in enrollment management activities and sharing of professional expertise with colleagues and students beyond the classroom.
- Provide support and in some cases provide the leadership for student recruitment, marketing, and in general activities that “build” a program within the clinical setting
- Support student activities, include course and career guidance to students, mentor, graduation.
- Assist in the development of the departmental course schedule.
- Maintain appropriate records of student performance.
- Demonstrate procedures in nursing skills laboratory, supervise student demonstrations and evaluate student performances.
- Integrate theory with planned clinical performance while creating a learning environment
- Orientate students to the clinical site as needed and communicate clinical objectives to the student and the staff.
- Makes recommendation regarding equipment, software purchases that maybe needed for the nursing programs for budgetary purpose.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings
- Assist the program director and Chief Nursing Officer in preparing the CCNE accreditation document and maintaining the standards of accreditation
- Maintains office hours as per St Thomas University guidelines
- Complies with the University’s mission, catalog, policies and procedures and the Faculty Handbook
- Respond to communications (e-mail/voicemail) on a daily basis.
- Other related duties
- Experience and dynamic Nurse Faculty with ability to interact with all members of the Nursing program and students in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable with changes and innovation and willing to participate in new projects for the expansion and growing of the Online Nursing Programs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have an active unencumbered Registered Nurses license or eligible to be licensed in the state of Florida.
- Master’s degree in Nursing, a doctorate degree in nursing and previous teaching experience.
- Master’s degree and terminal degree must be within Nursing
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated the ability to achieve goals, influence others, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in computers (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint & Adobe).
- Must be able to multitask.
- Experience with presenting information to both small and large groups.
- Proven strong communication skills and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Have at least five years of full-time experience in a clinical setting in the role of a Registered Nurse.
- Have at least two years of full-time experience as an educator.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Apply on Indeed.com
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.