Spirit Store Manager
Under the direction, policies, and guidelines of the AVP for Administrative Affairs, this position is responsible for planning and managing all day-to-day operations of the campus Spirit Store: purchase, stock, and sell merchandise and textbooks. Supervise all Spirit Store staff and provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and other stakeholders.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes, enhances, and maintains positive, responsive relationships with campus community, particularly campus administration, athletics departments, faculty, and staff.
- Provides highest levels of customer service within the store and in all interactions with stakeholders.
- As directed by the AVP for Administrative Affairs, responsible for all activities related to the merchandising of school supplies, clothing, candy etc. This includes meeting with vendors, establishing quantities to be ordered, generating purchase orders, receiving the goods, and evaluating price mark-ups and markdowns.
- Prepare Spirit Store merchandise and textbooks for physical inventories. Assure maintenance of adequate inventory levels of Spirit Store; estimate sales levels; determine and order needed supplies to maintain inventory levels; plan, coordinate and conduct annual physical inventories for the Spirit Store.
- Ensures all back-office functions, including the preparation of invoices, process of chargebacks and coordination of stock shipments are completed in accordance with university directives and/or policies and procedures.
- Implement policies and procedures as directed by AVP for Administrative Affairs and assist in developing new policies and procedures.
- Seeks out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities, maintaining Spirit Store presence, and resolving complex issues on an as needed basis.
- Interacts with faculty and others as needed to gain access to adopted titles for upcoming semester far in advance to maximize profit.
- Maintain store appearance and cleanliness.
- Perform cash register duties as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Retail management or strong customer service experience.
- Academic retail experience a plus.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to Albert Childress:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.