Student Accounts Specialist/Billing Coordinator
St. Thomas University’s Office of Financial Affairs is looking for a Student Account Specialist & Billing Coordinator to assist the Business Office in providing high quality financial services through responsible student account management and respectful customer interactions.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage online programs with respect to collection activities, billing reconciliation, and processing of timely payments to the University’s online partners.
- Perform monthly and annual reconciliation of the Perkins and Nurse Faculty Loan Programs (NFLP) for inclusion in the annual FISAP Report, required by the DOE.
- Collect and post Perkins Loan payments from former students, including consolidations.
- Complete all Electronic Verification Certificates (EVC’s) for Perkins consolidations.
- Work with servicer to collect and/or assign accounts to collection agencies.
- Monitor servicer and collection agencies’ overall performance.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts.
- Handle various account analyses and reports for interim and year-end financial audits.
- Process student invoices, including third party billing such as FT-1, Vocational Rehabilitation, Florida Prepaid, Tuition Reimbursements, and Dual Enrollment.
- Manage and reconcile Dual Enrollment receivables.
- Maintain work-study agreements and apply payments to student accounts.
- Prepare and transmit annual Forms 1098-T for all students.
- Service students, faculty and staff as needed regarding student account issues.
- Respond to student inquiries in an articulate and professional manner.
- Assist with collections of past due accounts.
- Assist periodically with the cashier and refund functions.
- Perform other duties as needed
- High school diploma required; College degree preferred
- Minimum one year experience in customer service relations
- Minimum two years experience in general office procedures and practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office products
- Professional appearance and demeanor a must
APPLICATION PROCESS: Review of completed applications will begin immediately. Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three (3) professional references to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.