Academic Continuity Guide for Instructors
This guide provides resources for STU’s faculty members in order to continue instruction in the event that classroom instruction is interrupted. All STU courses have a Canvas shell. Login to Canvas to access your course shell via MyBobcat web portal.
Remote Desktop and One Drive Instructions:
Do not turn off your workstations when leaving campus.
For Remote Desktop Instructions, please click here.
For One Drive Instructions, please click here.
Phone Forwarding and Voice Mail Instructions
For instructions on how to forward your phone, please click here.
For instructions on how to set up your voice mail, please click here.
- Instructors should make sure they have access to a webcam and a microphone for online lectures.
- Check your computer to make sure it meets Canvas requirements.
- Internet stability is critical when working remotely. If you experience network slowness while working from home, you can also try turning off internet-heavy devices or services on your home network, like Netflix streams or video game consoles.
Canvas Course Basic Features
- Set up your Canvas account profile.
- Upload your syllabus.
- Use Announcement, Inbox messaging, and ZOOM to communicate with your students.
- Create assignments. When you create an assignment, the grade book is automatically generated.
- Create quizzes/exams if needed. Alternative assignments/assessments are highly encouraged in order to simply your course building process. Multiple-choice exams are not the best option given technological/proctoring limitations. Alternative assessments include: presentations, essays, research papers, and ZOOM discussions.
- How to publish your course. Be sure to publish your course on Canvas so the student can access your content.
ZOOM’s professional training team will be hosting a Zoom Meetings for Education Webinar focusing on the following topics:
- How to download the Zoom applications and join a Zoom meeting
- How to schedule a meeting and send out invitations
- Overview of In-meeting controls and Virtual Classroom tools
- Zoom 101: Sign Up & Download
- Zoom 101 : In Meeting Controls (Basic)
- Comprehensive Guide to Educating Through Zoom
- Tips and Tricks for Teachers Educating on Zoom
There are no scheduled training sessions.