Master of Science in Special Education
The MS in Special Education prepares individuals to teach exceptional children in grades K through 12. The curriculum consists of 9 core courses in the theory and best practices of exceptional student education and 3 electives.
The program is currently accepted by the Florida Department of Education’s Bureau of Certification under Rule 6A-4.003. “Degrees, programs, and credits shall be determined acceptable for educator certification purposes when awarded by an institution of higher learning accredited by one (1) of the regional accrediting associations.” St. Thomas University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SASCOC).
- Teaching children with mild disabilities
- Administering programs for children with special needs
- Teaching undergraduate college courses in Special Education
- Providing tutorial services to children with specific learning disabilities
- Providing home bound instruction to children recovering from surgery
- Vocational rehabilitation counseling
Curriculum (Course Sampling)
EEX 514 Instructional Strategies for Students with Intellectual Disabilities 3
EEX 524 Instructional Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities
EEX 534 Instructional Strategies for Students with Emotional Disorders 3
Request InformationApply Now