BECOME A BIG DATA ANALYST AT ST. THOMAS UNIVERSITY, MIAMI
About the Program
The MS in Big Data Analytics program is developed to provide real-world experience in critical analytical skills that are needed in this fast-growing field. It focuses on preparing students to formulate strategies and make critical decisions based on real data.
The curriculum offers an intensive study of data mining, data visualization, machine learning, statistical modeling, and predictive analytics. Also, it allows you to expand your expertise and elevate your career by equipping you with the skills you will need to challenge the continuing wave of big data challenges that businesses are facing. Our Big Data Analytics program provides an international perspective on big data technology and market services, and with small classes and involved professors you are guaranteed that you won’t be just a number in our school.
- Gain valuable business intelligence experience as you apply advanced scientific theories to solve complex Big Data problems.
- Become an in-demand candidate for the many exciting roles in Data Analytics.
- Learn the communication skills necessary to help businesses interpret data and make strategic decisions.
Curriculum Course Sampling
- CIS 544 Data Mining and Machine Learning
- CIS 545 Big Data Warehousing
- CIS 546 Data Visualization
- Our graduates will be able to find job in businesses as Data Administrators and Data Scientists.
- The demand to hire big data analytics graduates is increasing.
- 73% of organizations have already invested or plan to invest in big data by 2017.