BA in ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP: MINOR HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
The 18 credits minor in Health Care Management provides health services professionals the opportunity to complete a minor in Health Care Management. Students currently employed in the health services industry can utilize this Certificate to migrate from the clinical side of the health service industry to the administrative, business or leadership side.
This unique accelerated program provides health care workers with the education and employment skills necessary to move forward in this fast growing health care field.
- Accelerated program for adult learners
- Offered fully online
- Flexible scheduling
- Program is flexible and convenient
- Opening doors to the fastest growing occupational field.
- Courses are 4-weeks long
- Prior college credits from accredited schools accepted
- Learn from anywhere in the world
- Provide students with the professional knowledge and management skills necessary to be effective leaders in health services system.
- Provides opportunities in many fields, including business, education, government, and the not-for-profit sectors.
- Instructor engagement
- Classmate collaboration
- Career advancement
- Enhanced learning opportunities
INTERNSHIP AND JOB PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Valuable relationships and support networks beyond graduation
- Provides opportunities for adult learners to link their training directly to a fast growing job market.
- Meet other colleagues and fine other opportunities in health care occupations
|Tuition per Credit||Resource Fee per Course||Cost per Course|
General Education Requirements 42 credits
Program Requirements 9 credits
ORG 204 Fiscal Accountability for Organizational Leadership
ORG 205 Selected Statistical Procedures
POR 300 Adult Development and Life Assessment
Major Requirements 39 credits
COM 4108 Critical Communication for the Professional World
ORG 305 Socio-economic Resources for Organizational Leadership
ORG 311 Organizational Fiscal Resource Administration
ORG 320 Organizational Law
ORG 323 Staffing and Employee Development
LDR 3180 Organizational Behavior
ORG 332 Organizational Promotion
ORG 490 Strategic Policy and Planning
ORG 499A Action Research Project A
ORG 499B Action Research Project B
PHI 3641 Business Ethics
INP 4105 Psychology of Work
SOC 460D Conflict and Conflict Resolution
General Electives 30-45 credits
(Select courses in consultation with your advisor)
Specialization 18 Credits
HCS 260 Training Methods for Healthcare Managers 3
HCS 310 Principles of Managed Care 3
HCS 320 Health Services Law for Managers 3
HCS 330 Change Management for Health Care Organizations 3
HCS 425 Administration in Health Care Services 3
HCS 490 Quality, Leadership and Management for Health Care
Organizations I 3
Dr. John D. (Jack) Rudnick, Jr.
Dr. Patricia L. Bloodworth
(O) 305.623.2359 | (C): (786) 761-3138