Dr. Lisa Knowles
Associate Professor of Management
PhD, Lynn University; MBA, Florida Atlantic University; MEd, Northeastern University; BA, Northeastern University
Dr. Knowles’ academic memberships include Academy of International Business, Academy of Management, and Strategic Management Society. She is Secretary/Treasurer for Broward Workforce Development Board, Inc., Organizational Resources Committee chair and serves on their Executive Committee. Her research interests include the recreation marine industry, women studies, entrepreneur-ship, and international business. She presently teaches Organizational Behavior; Organization Design and Theory; and Policy, Planning and Strategic Systems. Dr. Knowles served as Adjunct Professor (2003-2006), Assistant Professor (2007-2012) and promoted to Associate Professor in 2013. She is Advisor for STU Caribbean Student Association, Phi Beta Lambda, and serves on the Global Entrepreneurship Week Committee.
- Gringarten, H., Knowles, L., Fernandez-Caliennes, R., Grandmont-Garboldi, N. (2011). The branding of
an academic journal: How marketing, intrapreneurship, information technology and teamwork
created a successful research journal. Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. 3(3) 109-124.
- Gringarten, H., Knowles, L., Fernandez-Caliennes, R. (2011). Journey to a research
journal: Intrapreneurship, branding, and the making of an academic journal. Annual International
Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Singapore, July 2011.
- Knowles, L. (2010). Organizational behavior in the recreation marine industry. Journal
of Multidisciplinary Research. 2(1) 5-14.
- Knowles, L. (2012). Following a real-life entrepreneur. The Academy of Hospitality and
Tourism, 21st Annual Visitor Industry/Student Conference, Miami Beach Convention
Center Miami Beach, FL. May 2, 2012.
- Knowles, L. (2010). Water tourism. The Academy of Hospitality and Tourism, 19th
Annual Visitor Industry/Student Conference, Miami Beach Convention Center
Miami Beach, FL. April 13, 2010.
- Knowles, L. (2009). Breakthroughs for women in the recreation marine industry. Presentation at Oxford
Round Table, University of Oxford: St. Anne’s College, Oxford, U.K. July 9, 2009.
- Knowles, L., Dye, K., Marciano, F., Reynolds, J. (2007). Conducting international trade.
International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference (IBEX), Panelist/Presenter,
Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami Beach, FL. October 10, 2007.
- Marine Industries Association of South Florida, Workforce One; L. Knowles: Production Coordination
(2006). Navigate your career: Charting your course in the marine industries, Media One, interactive