2. You will receive an email confirmation of your application from our Office of Admissions. They will guide you through the remainder of the application process where you will receive:
- Your Student ID number
- Your PIN
- Your admission status
Your Student ID number and PIN grants you with access to My Bobcat and your STU email.
3. When you receive an email congratulating you on your successful admission to St. Thomas University, you must contact your advisor to register for classes.
1. Login in to My Bobcat
2. Print your Academic Evaluation Report (AER)
3. Contact your Academic Advisor to register for classes (Your Academic Advisor is located on your AER
4. Take your AER to the Bobcat Enrollment Center to complete the registration process
- The following is the software and hardware needed to complete your online degree program at St. Thomas University.
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows XP, Windows 7 (recommended)
- MAC OSX 10.5 “Leopard”, Mac OSX 10.6 “Snow Leopard”
Basic Productivity Tools
Supported Web Browsers
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 and up
- Google Chrome (Stable Channel)
- Mozilla Firefox (Final Release Channel)
- Apple Safari 4.0 and up
- If AOL is your Internet Service Provider (ISP), you should use either Internet Explorer or Firefox browser versions listed above.
Please refer to your browser's Help features to check these settings.
- Pop-Up Blocker should be disabled
- Java Script should be enabled
- Java should be enabled
- Cookies should be enabled
The most recent version of the following plug-ins are required for many of the resources available in your online courses.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Apple QuickTime Player
- Latest Java
- All plug-ins needed to participate in components of your online classes are available at no additional cost. It is recommended that you review the list of plug-ins and install them prior to beginning your coursework.
- High speed Internet access (LAN, DSL, and Cable) is required for STU online programs. Wired connection is recommended for participating live web conferences and online lectures. Satellite and wireless connections are not recommended. Performance may be suboptimal due to latency and signal instability.
- If AOL is your ISP, you must use the Internet Explorer or Firefox as your Web browser, rather than the default AOL browser. Simply launch the appropriate browser after logging onto your AOL account.
- Every student is provided with a STU email account and it is the official email for our Learning Management System. This will avoid issues with Spam filters and other problems that may prevent you from receiving email from your instructors. STU email will also enable you to participate in special student offers that are available only to students with an "stu.edu" email address.
Minimum Personal Computer Specifications
- 2 GB of RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 64 GB Hard drive minimum
- CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
- Headset with built-in microphone
- A Webcam may be required.
- Additional online resources and services for distance learning students can be found by following this link.
- Login to My Bobcat for access to:
- STU email
- Academic Evaluation Report
- News, announcements and personal account notifications
Visit the University Library or visit us online to take advantage of:
- Reference and research assistance by telephone or email
- Over 215,000 books and 696 print magazines, journals and newspaper articles
- Four computer labs
- Over 275, 000 full-text journals, magazines and newspapers in digital format and over 99, 000 e-books
- Interlibrary Loans
- Document Delivery Requests
Colleges and Schools
Office of Admissions
For additional information on the admission process, visit us at http://www.stu.edu/Admissions/tabid/100/Default.aspx