Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
The demand for talented accountants remains high in the current economy. Today’s accountants continue to emerge as both managers and leaders in many business organizations. They remain at the heart of the organization, monitoring business growth and actively sharing in planning for the organization’s future.
Saint Thomas University School of Business will help you to acquire the formal knowledge required to pursue entry-level positions in government, public accounting, or corporate entities. Our goals are directed at enabling each attendee to master the many specific facets of accounting. Successful completion of this program may serve as the foundation for a future career as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting program prepares the student for a career in either public or private accounting, or for positions in government. Our program is designed to enable the students to sit for the CPA examination. Additionally, qualified students can go on to obtain a Master of Accounting in as little as a year of study.
Upon completion of this program students will:
- Express their ideas and recommendations in a more concise and professional fashion by fully utilizing their verbal, analytical, and writing skills.
- Acquire specific knowledge of the practice of Accounting in areas including Financial Accounting, Auditing, Cost Accounting, and Income Taxation.
- Utilize their formal Accounting education to obtain positions in both public and private accounting environments, including profit, non-profit, and government organizations.
- Apply critical thinking skills acquired from exposure to specific subject theories.
- Position themselves for future additional post-graduate studies required prior to seeking CPA status.
Our school also offers scholarships for accounting majors.
For more information contact Professor Lloyd Mitchell at LMitchell@stu.edu
or click on one of the following links:
Tuition and Fees
St. Thomas University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools