Master of Business Administration in Data Analytics
The St. Thomas University Master of Business Administration degree is designed for students who are currently in, or plan to enter, responsible positions of management. The MBA program provides a balance between the quantitative and qualitative aspects of management and focuses on the needs of part-time students who may have special concerns because of their employment responsibilities. The MBA also provides an opportunity for full-time students to complete the degree program in as few as seven nine-week terms, i.e., less than 18 months.
The MBA in Data Analytics is built around the focus of providing graduates with an understanding of the technologies and methodologies necessary to create and manage big data storage infrastructure, large-scale dataset analytics, big data visualization, and big data applications in organizations.
MBA in Data Analytics Degree Highlights
- Gain valuable business intelligence and experience as you apply advanced scientific theories to solve complex Big Data problems.
- Become an in-demand candidate for the many exciting roles in Data Analytics.
- Learn the communication skills necessary to help businesses interpret data and make strategic decisions
According to the State of Business Intelligence Software and Emerging Trends from A Forrester Research study showed that business analytics is the fastest growing category of global IT software expenditures, and approximately 69% of businesses are interested in using analytics.
- Our graduates will be able to find jobs in businesses as Data Administrators and Data Scientists
- The demand to hire Big Data Analytics graduates is increasing
- 73% of organizations have already invested or plan to invest in big data by 2017
If you’re interested in learning more about the exciting career opportunities available in the field of data analytics, check out our blog:
Preparatory Courses (Required if lacking a business undergraduate degree)
ACC 500 Fundamentals of Accounting (3)
BUS 724 Foundation for Business Studies (3)
BUS 532 Statistical Analysis for Management (3)
Core Courses 24 credits
ACC 770* Managerial Accounting (3)
BUS 704 Policy, Planning and Strategy Systems (3**)
BUS 775 International Business (3)
BUS 750 Strategic Marketing Management (3)
FIN 751 Financial Management (3)
BUS 777 Data Analytics for Business (3)
MAN 700 Organizational Behavior (3)
MAN 510 Management Ethics (3)
Four* of the following courses:
BUS 536 Entrepreneurship 3
CIS 541 Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics (Foundation) 3
CIS 544 Data Mining and Machine Learning (Data Processing) 3
CIS 545 Big Data Warehouse 3
CIS 546 Data Visualization (Data Display) 3
BUS 792** Business Internship I 3