Doctor of Business Administration in Management
The Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) in Management prepares graduates in a Business background, with a strong focus on the management of people, policies, and products. This program also trains scholar/practitioners who possess skills and knowledge to solve real world issues in business/management environment. Students will establish a strong research base by participating in the program.
DBA in Management features a strong business core combined with proven management theory. The program prepares those in leadership roles to expand their knowledge and abilities in strategic management, innovation and organizational behavior. The program also prepares individuals for faculty positions in higher education.
- All students admitted to the Doctor of Business Administration program will be granted 30 credits from their Master’s Degree, toward the program total of 90 credit hours beyond the Bachelor’s Degree. Resulting in a 60 credit hour degree completion plan.
- Additionally, in consultation with the program director an additional 15 graduate, or post graduate credits may be accepted toward the remaining 60 credits beyond the Master’s Degree depending upon content and discipline of the graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution and doctoral specialization selected.
- Depending on the number of credits transferred in from the Master’s Degree, course work can be completed in 1–1½ years before dissertation.
- There are three doctoral research options. In consultation with the Program Director, the student will choose the best option for their career pursuit:
- Traditional Dissertation
- Article Dissertation
- Action Research
- All DBA courses are available fully online, on-campus, or a hybrid of both.
DBA Program Course Requirements
TOTAL CREDITS REQUIRED 90 credits
All students admitted to the Doctor of Business Administration program will be granted 30 credits from their Master’s Degree, toward the program total of 90 credit hours beyond the Bachelor’s Degree. Resulting in a 60 credit hour degree completion plan.
DBA Common Courses 18 Credits
BUS 813 Strategic Brand Management 3 credits
MIS 879 Information Ethics 3 credits
BUS 806 Global Social Media Management 3 credits
BUS 836 Entrepreneurship 3 credits
SPO 855 Special Topics – Leadership Theory and Practice 3 credits
MAN 810 Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Management 3 credits
RESEARCH REQUIREMENTS 21 credits
Research Core 9 credits
RES 819 Foundations of Research 3 credits
RES 820 Quantitative Research 3 credits
RES 821 Qualitative Research 3 credits
Doctoral Research (Dissertation/Action Research) 12 credits
DIS 900 Doctoral Research Proposal 3 credits
DIS 901 Doctoral Research I 3 credits
DIS 902 Doctoral Research II 3 credits
DIS 903 Doctoral Research III 3 credits
DIS 904 Doctoral Continuation Course 1-3 credits
Management Specialization Course Requirement (21 Credit)
MAN 801: Organization Design and Theory (3 credits)
MAN 812: Labor-Management Relations (3 credits)
MAN 827: Organizational Development (3 credits)
MAN 867: Seminar I: Issues in Management (3 credits)
MAN 868: Seminar II: Issues in Management (3 credits)
BUS 895: International Management (3 credits)
BUS 804: Research Design in Business Administration (3 credits)
Program Coordinator: Dr. Hagai Gringarten
Academic Credentials: PhD, Lynn University; MBA, University of Miami, BBA, University of Miami
Contact Information: 305-628-6635; email@example.com