Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership
The Master of Arts (MA) in Ethical Leadership equips students with the skills, competencies, and capacities necessary for leading the next generation of effective, ethical, and socially responsible global corporations and communities. The program is designed for individuals looking to advance their organizational standing and maximize the potential of those working in industry, government, education, and nonprofit organization settings.
The program leverages best practices and innovative leadership strategies to create a foundation for organizational and community change. In alignment with the St. Thomas University Mission, the Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership program develops students’ ethical leadership capacity through interdisciplinary coursework focusing on and integrating leadership theory and practice, ethics and morality, complex problem-solving, decision-making, creativity and innovation, efficiency, team development strategies, diversity and inclusion practices, practical experience, and people management, creates the foundation for applied ethical leadership within a variety of professional contexts and advances individual and organizational performance. Graduates create value for their organizations, demonstrate the ability to ethically inspire action and a shared vision in others, make effective decisions within fast- paced environments, improve organizational effectiveness and teamwork, and increase profitability.
- Business executives and managers, directors and supervisors of non-profit organizations, consultants and coaches, and policy advisors
- School administrators, principals, consultants, directors, and supervisors
- Federal, state, local government administrators and policy makers
- Senior educational administrators in primary, secondary, and higher education settings, and faculty members at all levels
- Maximum Accessibility – Fully online courses with intensive residencies to establish professional networking opportunities
- Economic Benefit – An affordable price point well below our national competitors provides quality without financial burden
- Pace of the Program – Full-time working professionals can complete the program within one calendar year
- Rolling Admissions – Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis for to ensure for convenience of start date
- Ease of Application – A personalized admissions advisor is provided to every prospective student ensuring
consistent and timely communication, while not requiring a standardized test (e.g., GRE, GMAT, etc.) to create ease for the applicant
- Transfer Credits Accepted – Up to 12 credits beyond a bachelor’s degree can be accepted accelerating program completion
- Relational – Nationally renowned faculty members work with students to be adaptive to the complications of work, family, and personal obligations
|Tuition per Credit Hour||Technology Fee per Course||Program Tuition|
The Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership offers six start terms throughout the year. Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions to learn more (see information below).
Admission to the Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership program requires each prospective student to submit the following materials for evaluation:
- A completed and signed university Application for Admission
- Official accredited college and/or university baccalaureate and master’s transcripts
Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Applying Ethical Leadership theoretical foundations
- Utilizing strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Implementing organizational and community-based problem-solving strategies
- Demonstrating and developing ethical and moral values within diverse contexts
- Advancing ethical leadership practices that prioritize collaboration, efficiency, and strategic organizational and
Required Courses-36 credits
Mandatory the following 15 credits
- MEL 503 Applied Research Methods
- MEL 600 Leadership Foundations and Skills Assessment
- MEL 601 Interpersonal Leadership*
- MEL 630 Organizational Communication and Leadership
- MEL 701 Ethical Leadership Capstone
Pick 21 credits from the list below:
- MEL 635 Legal and Ethical Aspects of Organizations
- MEL 640 Organizational Leadership and Change*
- MEL 645 Global and Cultural Diversity in Leadership
- MEL 650 Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- MEL 660 Project Management and Leadership
- MEL 675 Managing Innovation in Organizations*
- MEL 700 Organizational Behavior
- MEL 701 Ethical Leadership Capstone
- MEL 799 Special Topics in Ethical Leadership
Residencies are facilitated via an intensive application of ethical leadership theory and practice over a 3-day period. Students will be greeted by an opening reception on the first evening and engage in experiential and project-based workshops over the next two days. The final day will culminate in a celebration with students, faculty, staff, university administration, corporate executives, and community leaders that provide implications for advancing ethical leadership in our world. Residencies are included in the following courses: MEL 601 Interpersonal Leadership & MEL 675 Managing Innovation in Organizations.
The Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership program requires a total of thirty-six (36) graduate credit hours. For graduation, students need to earn a B or better in every course and attain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Information relating to the program and courses is available by contacting the Master of Arts in Ethical Leadership Program Director, Carolynn Komanski, Ph.D. at email@example.com. All graduate admissions inquiries should be sent to our Graduate Admissions Guru (information listed below).
Office of Graduate Admissions