Dear Distinguished Faculty:
On behalf of President David A. Armstrong, J.D., and the Inauguration Steering Committee of St. Thomas University, we are pleased to send you information about the inauguration of David A. Armstrong. We look forward to celebrating this historic event with you!
Below you will find parking information, a map of the campus, and instructions to help you prepare for the event. If you need further information, please contact us by phone at 305.474.6998 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inauguration Day Schedule of Events
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Holy Mass
Location: Chapel of Saint Anthony
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Platform Party, Delegate and Faculty Staging
Location: Fernandez Family Center (FFC) Ogazon Family Fronton Multipurpose Room
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Installation Ceremony
Location: Fernandez Family Center (FFC)
2:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Inauguration Reception
Location: STU Soccer Field
Inauguration Day Parking
Parking on Campus
To support the day’s event, we want to provide you with key traffic, shuttle, and parking details. The 32nd Avenue gate will open to all traffic beginning at 8:00 a.m. This gate will remain open for the entire day and will close at 6:30 p.m. There will be several parking lot and road closures:
- The road between the baseball and softball fields that leads to The Fernandez Family Center will be closed until 10 a.m.
- All O’Maillia Hall and Mimi Dooner Hall faculty and staff are to park in Lots 8 and 9. Parking attendants and/or Public Safety officers will direct overflow parking into the grass area extended pass the lots.
- Parking on the east end of Mimi Dooner Hall is designated as handicap parking for faculty and staff. Any car that does not have a handicap decal or license plate will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- There are no changes to the law faculty
- Lot 1 is closed until 11:00 a.m. Once this lot is open, Row A is designated for handicap and outside guests.
- Student parking is available in Lot 10 in Rows A and B, and in Lots 2 and 3.
- Event guest parking is in Lot 10, Rows C, D, and E.
- The remaining lots are available for parking.
Click here to see our Inauguration Day map for further clarification.
Parking rules remain in effect. No parking on the grass, or in a restricted area.
When attending Holy Mass, please be sure to wear your regalia.
On-Campus Transportation After Mass
Immediately following Mass, faculty should report to the Fernandez Family Center. We will have the STU shuttles waiting for you outside of the Chapel to take you to the Fernandez Family Center.
STU shuttles will run in a continuous loop around campus after Mass. Signage near each event will denote the shuttle stops.
Please look for the “Delegate & Faculty Robing” sign outside of the Fernandez Center or ask a staff member to direct you to the Delegate & Faculty robing area.
All ceremony participants (delegates, faculty and platform party members) should be assembled at the Fernandez Family Center no later than 12:15 p.m. to prepare for line up. Each robing area will have light refreshments. We will have racks with hangers for you to leave your jackets; and we will have a security guard to stand watch during the ceremony in case you want to leave any personal items.
STU staff workers will be available to help you find your place in the procession. The first call to line up will be made at 12:40 p.m.
The installation of President David A. Armstrong, J.D. will take place in the Fernandez Family center at 1 p.m. Guests not participating in the ceremony should plan accordingly to arrive on time. The gym doors will close at 12:57 p.m. to begin the processional. Guests arriving after this time must wait in the lobby until the processional is done at approximately 1:10 p.m.
After the Installation Ceremony, STU staff workers will lead the recessional out and to the robing area.
Following the Installation Ceremony, all participants and guests are invited to the Inauguration Reception taking place on the STU Soccer Fields next to the Fernandez Family Center (see map).