Dear STU Students:
On behalf of President David A. Armstrong, and the Inauguration Steering Committee of St. Thomas University, we are pleased to send you information about the inauguration of David A. Armstrong, J.D. We look forward to celebrating this historic event!
Below you will find parking information, a map of the campus, and instructions to help you prepare for the event. If you need further information, please contact us by phone at 305.474.6998 or email at email@example.com.
Inauguration Day Schedule of Events
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
10:00 AM – 11:15 AM: Holy Mass
Location: Chapel of Saint Anthony
11:15 AM – 12:30 PM: Post Mass Refreshments
Location: Main Library Breezeway
1:00 PM – 2:30 PM: Installation Ceremony
Location: Fernandez Family Center (FFC)
2:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Inauguration Reception
Location: STU Soccer Field
Inauguration Day Parking
Parking on Campus
To support the day’s event, we want to provide you with key traffic and parking details. The 32nd Avenue gate will open to all traffic beginning at 8:00 a.m. This gate will remain open for the entire day and will close at 6:30 p.m. There will be several parking lot and road closures:
- The road between the baseball and softball fields that leads to The Fernandez Family Center will be closed until 10 a.m.
- Student parking is available in Lot 10 in Rows A and B, and in Lots 2 and 3.
- Lot 1 is closed until 11:00 a.m. Once this lot is open, Row A is designated for handicap and outside guests.
- All O’Maillia Hall and Mimi Dooner Hall faculty and staff are to park in Lots 8 and 9. Parking attendants and/or Public Safety officers will direct overflow parking into the grass area extended pass the lots.
- There are no changes to the law student parking.
- Parking on the east end of Mimi Dooner Hall is designated as handicap parking for faculty and staff. Any car that does not have a handicap decal or license plate will be towed at the owners’ expense.
- Event guest parking is in Lot 10, Rows C, D, and E.
- The remaining lots are available for parking.
Click here to see our Inauguration Day map for further clarification.
Parking rules remain in effect. No parking on the grass, or in a restricted area.
Holy Mass will start promptly at 10 a.m. We are expecting many guest on campus, so please proceed directly to Convocation Hall, where a live feed of the Mass will be streaming on three screens, and Holy Communion distributed.
Post Mass Refreshments
Immediately following Mass, light refreshments will be served at the Main Library Breezeway.
Alcoholic beverages will be served during the Inauguration Reception. Students over the age of 21 must obtain a wristband by showing a valid government I.D. (e.g. drivers license, passport, etc.). STU staff will be stationed inside the Main Library from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to distribute wristbands.
The installation of President David A. Armstrong, J.D. will take place in the Fernandez Family center at 1 p.m. The gym doors will close at 12:57 p.m. to begin the processional. If you arrive after this time, you must wait in the lobby until the processional is done at approximately 1:10 p.m.
Following the Installation Ceremony, all participants and guests are invited to the Inauguration Reception taking place on the STU Soccer Fields next to the Fernandez Family Center (see map).
If you did not already pick up a wristband, students over the age of 21 must obtain one by showing a valid government I.D. (e.g. drivers license, passport, etc.). STU staff will be stationed outside in the front of the Fernandez Family Center from 2:30 to 3:00 p.m.