Learning Outcomes for the J.D. Degree
Upon conferral of a Juris Doctorate degree, St. Thomas University Law students will be able to:
- Learning Outcome 1: Students will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the law and the American legal system.
- Learning Outcome 2: Students will demonstrate competency in issue spotting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Learning Outcome 3: Students will demonstrate competency in research.
- Learning Outcome 4: Students will communicate effectively and with civility.
- Learning Outcome 5: Students will demonstrate competency in legal practice skills.
- Learning Outcome 6: Students will exercise proper professional and ethical responsibility to clients and the legal system.
- Learning Outcome 7: Students will demonstrate awareness of their moral and ethical responsibility to society.