Accessing LexisNexis, Westlaw & Bloomberg Law
Access to commercial electronic research databases such as LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law are critical components to achieving success in law school. In addition to providing resources and materials for legal research, these services offer access learning management systems that are often used by law school faculty as online components of their courses. As such, we strongly recommend that students register for each of these three services during their orientation so they will always be available to you and you avoid potential delays in having a new code issued.
- Your LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg Law registration code and information will be delivered to your @stu.edu email on the first day of law school orientation. Please follow the instructions below to complete the registration process for each of the three services.
- For Blackboard/LexisNexis:
- Go to the LexisNexis page, enter the activation code in the box where it says “Enter Activation Code” and click the “Next” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a user name (called a “LexisNexis Custom ID”) and password. We recommend using your @stu.edu email address as the user name. Use your @stu.edu email account as the email account when asked for one.
- Toll Free Phone: 800-455-3947
- For TWEN/WestLaw:
- Go to the Westlaw page, enter your @stu.edu email address in the box and click the “go” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a user name and password. We recommend using your @stu.edu email address as the user name.
- Toll Free Phone: 800-850-9378
- For Bloomberg Law:
- Go to www.bloomberglaw.com/activate to register for access.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register using your @stu.edu email account.
- Once you complete the registration process, and your @stu.edu email has been verified by Bloomberg Law, you will receive an email with access information.
- Toll Free Phone: 888-560-2529
*If you did not receive a registration code or are having difficulty registering for any of these services, please visit the Law Library circulation desk, call the Law Library at 305-623-2332, or contact the toll-free customer service number for the relevant service.