The Office for Career Development at St. Thomas University School of Law will allow its resources to be used by students and alumni of ABA accredited law schools according to the following policy:
- Reciprocal services are available on a one-to-one basis for third-year students and graduates of other ABA accredited law schools who permit St. Thomas University third-year students and graduates use of their services.
- Requests for reciprocity must be made in writing by the career services official of the requesting law school. The student/graduate must wait to receive a copy of our response prior to contacting the Office for Career Development. The individual will need to bring a copy of his or her letter and photo ID when visiting our office. No walk-ins or phone requests will be considered. Visiting students and graduates must check-in at the Office for Career Development at the time of each visit.
- Reciprocity services are available for a period of three months, beginning with the date of the initial request. Please be aware that reciprocity is not available between August 1st and December 1st.
- Reciprocity privileges include:
- On-site Resources
- Access to employment listings
- Career Development published materials
- Reciprocity does not include access to:
- St. Thomas University's graduate Lexis/Westlaw passwords
- career advising or counseling
- participation in job fairs
- participation in on-campus interviews
- resume reviewing and/or referral
- Applicants granted reciprocity must state in cover letters to employers that the job listings were provided by St. Thomas University School of Law Office for Career Development through a reciprocal agreement with their school.
- The Office for Career Development reserves the right to terminate the reciprocity privileges of individuals who violate these regulations or misuse our facilities and services.
- Reciprocity is not available to students and alumni of other law schools in South Florida.
- Requests for or questions about reciprocity should be directed to:
Office for Career Development
St. Thomas University School of Law
16401 NW 37th Avenue, Miami, FL 33054
Phone: (305) 623-2351
Fax: (305) 623-2372