Visiting Associate Professor of Law
J.D., Georgetown University School of Law, cum laude
LL.M., University of Florida
John F. Hernández has been a Senior Attorney in the Chief Counsel’s Office in the Miami District Counsel’s Office, a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of Florida, an Attorney in the Public Defender’s Office in the Sixteenth Judicial District, and an attorney in private practice in South Florida. He was previously a Visiting Professor of Law at the Emory University School of Law and an Adjunct Professor at the Florida International University; he also has lectured at the Washburn University School of Law and presented at an American Association of Law Schools Annual Meeting. His publications include articles in the Arkansas, John Marshall, Memphis State, St. Thomas, and University of Florida law reviews. At St. Thomas University School of Law, Assistant Dean Hernández has served for many years in a number of different capacities, both as an educator and administrator; currently, he teaches Torts and the Sexual Identity and the Law Seminar and serves as Assistant Dean for Student Affairs.
- John F. Hernandez, Essay: A Search for Reason in Fairy Tales, 18 St. Thomas L. Rev. 259 (2005). HeinOnline
- John F. Hernandez, Michael Closen, Mary Anne Bobinski, Donald H.J. Hermann, Gene P. Shultz and J. Kelly Strader, Criminalization of an epidemic: HIV-AIDS and criminal exposure laws, 46 Ark. L. Rev. 921 (1993). HeinOnline
- John F. Hernandez, Outing in the Time of AIDS: Legal And Ethical Considerations, 5 St. Thomas L. Rev. 493 (1993). HeinOnline
- John F. Hernandez, Prenatal Transmission of HIV: Causes for the Resurrection of Wrongful Life, 27 J. Marshall L. Rev. 393 (1990). HeinOnline
- John F. Hernandez, Using Shareholder Notes to Eliminate Section 357(c) Gain: Lessinger v. Commissioner, 872 F.2d 519 (2d Cir. 1989), Correct Result, Wrong Reason, 20 Mem. St. U. L.Rev 355 (1990).
- John F. Hernandez, The Federal Tax Lien: Beyond United States vs. Rodgers, 36 Fla. L. Rev. 1081 (1984). HeinOnline
Bar Prep Skills