The M.A. in the Communication Arts establishes a graduate-level venue for studies and research in Communications. This graduate degree offers two distinct specializations: Electronic Media Arts
and Arts Management
. The two specializations offer courses that develop analytical and practical skills for effective media-related writing and speaking. They provide an understanding of media and cultural communication theories, and foster the student’s ability to work in varied roles within the communications and art industry or succeed in further studies leading to the Ph.D.
The curriculum is infused with a multicultural approach that trains students to work in the diverse communication environments of today. In addition to providing a global perspective, the program develops in students the necessary analytical skills and technological applications to successfully manage communication projects in today’s technologically oriented world. Through its multidisciplinary curriculum, the program incorporates the diverse educational, professional and cultural resources within the University and the South Florida community.
The Institute for Communication, Entertainment and Media curriculum is guided by eight learning outcomes to support the Institute’s goals. They are to:
Questions or comments please contact:
- Acquire, build and demonstrate critical thinking skills that entail analyzing communication research and theory.
- Develop and integrate research in the ability to compose writing in an articulate, logical, complex and clear manner.
- Evaluate and produce quality production materials for their area of study.
- Compose oral presentations and express themselves orally in a clear, articulate and intelligent manner in a variety of situations including academic and professional environments.
- Be proficient in current technology with imaginative applications.
- Analyze and demonstrate knowledge of value for cultural competency in a multi-cultural environment.
- Evaluate the power of media and the ethical use of that power.
- Assess and demonstrate leadership skills
Dr. Gloria P. Ruiz, Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Offices: email@example.com