Mobile Apps for eBooks
Download these ereader apps to access our ebook collections on your ereader or mobile device:
- eBook Collection (EBSCOhost). Download the EBSCO eBooks app from your app store. Create an Adobe ID, login with an existing one, or proceed without creating an Adobe ID. See these instructions to install the app on the Kindle Fire and Nook.
- eBook Library (EBL) uses the Bluefire Reader app or a similar reader app for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, PC, and Mac. Just search your app store for “BlueFire.” The Bluefire Reader blog provides instructions for installing the app on the Kindle Fire.
- 3M Cloud Library. 3M Cloud Library apps available for iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Nook, PC and Mac. Next, open the 3M app and click Connect to Your Library. Select your country, and click Next. Select your state, and click Next. Then select your library. Enter your St. Thomas University Library Card ID. Click agree to terms and log in.
Before you can begin downloading ebooks, there are a few more steps to get set up. Instructions on reading and downloading ebooks from EBSCOhost, EBL, 3M, and more are available on the eBook Collections webpage.
Mobile App for Journal Articles
EBSCOhost has an app to search for journal articles in its Academic Search Premier database.
- Download the freeEBSCOhost app from the iTunes App store for your iPhone or iPad or download it from the Android Market for your Android device.
Authenticate the EBSCOhost app after installing it on your device:
- Log into Academic Search Premier at this link.
- Click the iPhone and Android Apps link at the bottom of the page, and enter an email address that you can access from your device. An email with an authentication key will be sent to you.
- Access the email from your device and click the link found in the email to authenticate the application. You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
Help with the EBSCOhost app for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad
Help with the EBSCOhost app for Android