Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Family
Family Nurse Practitioner Track
Envision Your Future as a FNP
- 45 credit hour program prepares Registered Nurses in advanced nursing skills in order to pursue a career as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP).
- Classes offered Online, allowing you the flexibility to work and plan your own schedule.
- Emphasis on graduating culturally competent nurses who deliver top-notch care with compassion.
- Prepares leaders who will influence health care delivery and health care policies.
- BSN degree from a nursing school accredited by either the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, formerly NLNAC) or by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- GPA 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (Cumulative GPA is a calculation inclusive of all academic course work from all schools attended)
- Current State of Florida RN Licensure. Out-of-state students must obtain a license to practice in Florida prior to admission
- Two letters of recommendation from qualified professionals in field
- Completion of all admission requirements for graduate education at the School of Science, Technology, and Engineering Management at St. Thomas University
- Availability for personal interview onsite or by SKYPE
NGR 600 Clinical Pharmacology
NGR 501 Philosophical & Theoretical Basis of Nursing
NGR 500 Advanced Pathophysiology
NGR Health Promotion & Disease Prevention
NGR Advanced Health Assessment
NGR Diversity in Advanced Health Practice
NGR Influencing Health Care Policy
NGR Advanced FNP: Children & Families I
NGR Advanced FNP: Children & Families I Practicum
NGR Advanced FNP: Adults
NGR Adv. FNP: Adults Practicum
NGR Adv. Pharmacotherapeutics
NGR Adult Gerontology
NGR Adv. Practice Nursing Integration