Home  ⁄  Student Affairs  ⁄  International Student Services  ⁄  Exchange Visitor Information  ⁄  Short-Term Scholars

Short-Term Scholars


If you are a J-1 short-term scholar, you must also obtain a travel signature from ISSS. Please have your department e-mail intlserv@stu.edu confirming your current employment or provide a copy of your most recent pay stub when you drop off your DS-2019. The travel signature for short-term scholars is only valid for up to six months; the travel signature is evidence of your current status. If you have had any difficulty entering the U.S. in the past, travel with a recent pay-stub so you can provide additional proof of your status.

When re-entering the U.S. the following documents should be on your person:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid Visa
  • DS-2019 signed for travel within last 6 months
  • Recent pay-stub and/or letter of employment from department

J-2 dependents must also have their DS-2019 endorsed for travel.