Committed to the development of Leaders for Life, the Division of Admissions at St. Thomas University (STU) introduces the Student Ambassadors Program. The program’s focus is to identify a cohort of students that have shown leadership skills to further develop their potential as student and community leaders while representing the university. Once selected, these Student Ambassadors receive training in leadership skills with emphasis on oral communication before performing a variety of tasks.
- Full-time enrolled St. Thomas University student.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 and be in good academic standing throughout the summer as a Student Ambassador.
- Maintain good judicial standing from beginning to the end of each semester.
- Required to work Admissions events, such as orientation and open house.
- Attend all on-site trainings (Any Database training and Tour Shadowing).
- Serve as a positive representative of STU while fostering a welcoming environment among its newest community members.
- Facilitate and commentate tour groups of students and parents.
- Assist parents and students with questions and concerns.
- Explain academic and co-curricular opportunities and procedures.
- Acquaint new students with campus services and building locations.
- Ability to communicate and time manage effectively with the Admissions staff
Application, Selection and Training
Students interested in becoming ambassadors must complete an online application. Interviews, selection and training will take place immediately after.
For additional information, please contact:
Jeniffer V Servellon-Lozano
Admissions Counselor & Student Ambassador Advisor