Be a Part of South Florida’s Newest Marching Band!
“Be a part from the start!”
St. Thomas University is starting a band program and we want you to join us. If you are that musician who loves music but has a different career in mind we may be right for you. Our band program will begin in the fall of 2019 with our first ever marching band.
Our school year…
- We will perform at STU home football games and various other activities throughout the fall.
- Once we conclude football season, we will transition into pep band for our home basketball games.
- Our spring semester will consist of concert band activities which will conclude with our first ever spring concert.
What music can you expect to play…
- We will perform music from the 1950’s to current chart toppers.
- We will perform music from all genres: Rock, Latin, Pop, etc.
- Marching / Pep bands are here to get the crowd excited and support our teams.
- Concert season will be a mix of standard band literature and popular music.
- Band members will be eligible for a band scholarship ranging $2000 – $8000 per year.
How do you learn more about our band program…
- Apply to St. Thomas and be sure to check that you have interest in Band
- Schedule a campus tour and ask to meet with the band director
Help make music become a big part of St. Thomas!
Ken Carr, Director of Bands & Choirs