Transfer out of St. Thomas University

If you have been admitted to a new U.S. Institution, you must do the following:

  1. Receive a Transfer Eligibility form and Letter of admission from the International Student Advisor at your new school
  2. Bring both documents to the ISSS office to inform your ISA that you plan to transfer to a different school.
  3. Wait until two following actions are taken by both International student advisor at the new school and St. Thomas
    • St. Thomas International Student Advisor determines transfer eligibility, completes transfer form, enters transfer request into SEVIS database, and sets the SEVIS Release Date.
    • “Transfer in” school issues a new I-20 (F-1) to you.
  4. You will receive a new I-20 with the same SEVIS Number from the new school.