Student Health Insurance
Our student health insurance provider is: United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR).
Full-time Undergraduate Students, all International Students and Law Students:
You may waive coverage under this plan if you have other health insurance that is approved by St. Thomas University and meets all of the University’s plan requirements.
Creating your My Account is as Easy as 1-2-3! Visit www.uhcsr.com/CreateAccount
Follow the onscreen prompts – you will need the email address we have on file for you, your school ID number without the zero, or your 7-digit SR ID, located on your medical insurance ID card.
- Select a user name and password.
- Your user name must contain 6–30 alphanumeric characters. Your password must have 8–12 characters and include at least three of the following: an uppercase character, a lowercase character, a numeric character (0–9), and a special character (e.g., *, ~, $, etc.).
Once your coverage is confirmed, you may enroll your eligible dependents.
- Summary Brochure for 2019-2020: Cost and Coverage Dates
- Certificate of Coverage 2019-2020: Benefits offered
Important: If you do not enroll in or waive out of coverage by the designated deadline, you will be automatically enrolled in the sponsored plan and charged the applicable premium. Students registered in the Fall semester will be enrolled in the annual plan and can only waive out of coverage in the Fall . Only NEW students can waive out of coverage in the Spring semester. Once enrolled, the coverage cannot be canceled, and the premium will not be refunded. Please enroll or waive out of coverage here.
( https://studentcenter.uhcsr.com/waive-coverage ) – Copy and paste link to your browser
All enrollment or waiver selections must be completed by Monday September 9, 2019.
- You will need your student ID number, without the (0), and University Email address to access the waiver form.
- Your waiver must be completed in its entirety. You will be asked detailed information about your current coverage, so have the following available:
- A copy of your insurance ID card
- Insurance company name, Policy Holder Member ID/group number
- The primary subscriber’s/policy holder’s name
You may not make changes or re-enter the waiver once it is submitted.