On Campus Experience
Participants will be immersed in an experience that includes on and off campus activities designed to invigorate faith and serve community. For the duration of the program, youth will live on the campus of STU with other participants, under the supervision of a team of trained young adult counselors/facilitators and adult staff.
Youth participating in the institute will be involved in the following activities:
- Eight-day residential immersion experience, including meals and lodging
- Formal theological education
- Daily prayer, worship, and exploration of the Scriptures
- Participation in planning and implementing worship experiences
- Small group sessions
- Recreational activities
- Off-campus engaged learning opportunities including an immersion experience at Immokalee to learn about the work of the Coalition of Immokalee Workers, which promotes farmworkers rights, and an ecology field activity at a local beach.
- Day of Service in the Fall of 2018
- Mid-Year Convocation Gathering in the Winter of 2019
- Youth Initiated Service Learning Projects implemented at their home Parish or community. Projects will be presented at the convocation, and best projects will be selected to present at next year’s STU IMPACT.
Please click here to download Application.
- Completed Application.
- Letter of recommendation from Pastor, Youth Minister, Campus Minister, Teacher, etc.
- Personal essay reflecting on what you hope to gain from participating in STU IMPACT. Please explain your reasons for wanting to participate and describe a service project you would like to implement for your parish.
- Youth signed commitment form indicating willingness to complete the entire program to include mid-year convocation and service-justice project completion.
- Parent/Guardian signed commitment form indicating their willingness to support participation for the entire program including the service-justice project, Fall service project, and the Winter Convocation.
- Scholarship Application: In a short essay, please explain how a scholarship would enable you to participate in the program.
For questions, please contact: STUIMPACT@stu.edu