June Mary Makdisi
Professor of Law
B.A., University of Pennsylvania
M.S., University of Pennsylvania
J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law, with honors
Before joining the faculty in 1999, Professor June Mary Zekan Makdisi clerked for Chief Justice Pascal Calogero (1996-97) and Justice Jeannette Theriot Knoll (1997-99) of the Louisiana State Supreme Court. Professor Makdisi began law school at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Cleveland State Law Review, and transferred to the University of Tulsa College of Law, where she graduated with honors.
Professor Makdisi's research interests concerning the legal issues arising from the application of biotechnology dovetail with the courses that she teaches: Bioethics, Torts, and Family Law. She has published in a number of journals, including Creighton Law Review, Nebraska Law Review, Pepperdine Law Review, Rutgers Law Journal, St. John's Law Review, and The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly.
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, The Affordable Care Act: Does It Improve Health and Does It Live Up to Human Rights Standards?, 10 Intercultural Hum. Rts. L. Rev 117 (2015).
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Totality and Integrity in American Case Law, 12 Nat'l Cath. Bioethics Q. 43 (2012).
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, The Protection of Embryonic Life in the European Council's Convention on Biomedicine, 7 Nat'l Cath. Bioethics Q. 31 (2007).
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Involuntary Cloning: A Battery, 79 St. John's L. Rev. 13 (2005). HeinOnline
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Human Cloning and Stem Cell Research: Who Should Decide Where to Draw the Line?, 39 New Eng. L. Rev. 635 (2005). HeinOnline
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Genetically Correct: The Political Use of Reproductive Terminology, 32 Pepp. L. Rev. 1 (2004). HeinOnline
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Commercial Use of Protected Health Information Under HIPPA’s Privacy Rule: Reasonable Disclosure or Disguised Marketing?, 82 Neb. L. Rev. 741 (2004). HeinOnline
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, The Slide From Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research to Reproductive Cloning: Ethical Decision Making and the Ban on Federal Funding, 34 Rutgers L.J. 463 (2003). HeinOnline
- June Mary Zekan Makdisi, Genetic Privacy: New Intrusion a New Tort?, 34 Creighton L. Rev. 965 (2001). HeinOnline
- June Mary Makdisi, Nutrition and Hydration Under Ohio’s DPAH: Judicial Misconstruction Threatens the Right to Choose Death With Dignity, 38 Clev. St. L. Rev. 279 (1990). HeinOnline