If you’ve been saying, “I need to finish my degree” for years, we’re here to help you cross that finish line. St. Thomas University has designed our online organizational leadership degree program with you in mind:
- You’ve stopped and started classes over the years, but aren’t sure what’s transferable.
- You’ve got plenty of on-the-job experience, but you can’t advance without the degree.
- You need a way to juggle work, school, and family.
- You want a degree that will boost your earning potential and opportunities.
- You’ve been looking for a degree that is completely online
- You want that diploma as soon as possible.
In building this new program, our faculty and staff have removed your obstacles one by one, clearing a path toward graduation and career success. Here are five great reasons to pursue the online BA in Organizational Leadership from St. Thomas University.
1. Gain Highly Marketable Skills Employers Want
As a busy professional, you want to get the most value when it comes to a degree. That’s a smart strategy, especially if you have limited time and resources.
The organizational leadership degree is highly versatile and practical, offering both management and interpersonal skills that transfer into any industry or business size. A BA in Organizational Leadership will prepare you for the complex social, cultural, and professional issues in the global workforce.
You’ll focus on organizational culture, how to motivate and inspire others, manage conflict, make ethical decisions, and lead change. These are all critical to a healthy, functioning work environment.
Here are some sample courses from our curriculum to give you a sense of what you’d learn and practice:
- Strategic Policies & Planning
- Issues in Management
- Managing Change in the Workplace
- Organizational Law
- Organizational Promotion
- Adult Development & Life Assessment
2. Enter the Human Resources Field
Some of our students want to advance within their current organization, and our organizational leadership degree will certainly position them well for upper management roles across multiple industries. However, this program is also an excellent way to transition into the human resources or organizational consulting field.
The coursework in our organizational leadership program is a natural fit. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Human resources managers plan, direct, and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. They oversee the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consult with top executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’s management and its employees.”
Human Resource Manager jobs are steadily available, as businesses always need their expertise to manage their workforce. These positions are expected to grow at a healthy nine percent from 2016 – 2026.
Although dependent on region and industry, human resource managers are also traditionally well paid. The median annual wage was $113,300 as of May 2018. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $66,870, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $201,380.
3. Get Credit for Work Experience Or Take College Credit Exams
Many of our students have taken courses periodically in an attempt to finish their degree. We begin by transferring as many as possible into our program to give you a head start.
But that’s not all. We have two ways of incorporating your previous knowledge to accelerate your degree.
Prior Learning Assessment Program
Our faculty will assess your skills and knowledge to see if it matches with the degree coursework. By taking this assessment, you can progress quickly towards the Bachelor of Arts degree. In fact, you could even earn up to 30 credits without taking a course.
College Credit Exams (CLEP)
You’ll have an opportunity to take exams on certain subjects, rather than taking the class. Students obtaining satisfactory scores in a particular subject area can earn college credits. Not sure if you’re ready or just want a refresher? A series of free online courses in CLEP subjects are now available through the Modern States Education Alliance. The CLEP courses are self-paced, and there are no prerequisites or restrictions on enrolling.
4. Enjoy a Flexible Schedule for Working Adults
We know you have a lot on your plate. You can’t pause your life to accomplish your education goals. That’s why our organizational leadership degree isn’t designed like a traditional college program. It’s been revamped to accommodate your schedule.
- 100% Online – Courses are accessible whenever and wherever you want. You can study, submit assignments, or start discussions from your laptop, tablet or even your mobile phone.
- Courses are four weeks – You’ll be able to apply what you’ve learned right away.
- Take one course at a time – If your schedule is packed, you can slow it down as you need.
- Graduate in as little as 15 months – Depending on your previous credits, you can complete your BA in less than two years.
5. Get Support Along the Way
At St. Thomas University, over 90% of our students receive some source of financial assistance through the many programs offered by the university and the Department of Education. You can learn more about financial aid for STU online students by visiting our website.
If you’re a Florida resident, you’re also eligible for coaching through Complete Florida. This organization’s goal is to make the process of going back to school easy, affordable, and accessible to all our students. Once you’ve been accepted to your institution, your coach can help you find and apply for financial aid and scholarships for tuition, materials, even the cost of books. Plus, they offer scholarships year-round to students.
Whether you want to grow into a leadership position with your current employer or expand your career options, the online organizational leadership degree at St. Thomas University can fast track your ambitions. Let’s talk about how we can get you there.