Graduation Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I attend my designated Graduation Expo event, do I need to attend any make-up dates?
2. I applied for graduation, but I have not received any information regarding any of the graduation activities, what do I need to do?
Correspondences are sent regularly directly to all eligible graduates via your STU email address, which is the official mode of communication. If you have not activated your STU email account it is recommended that you do or you will not receive important graduation information. For your convenience all information is available on the STU web; click on the Students (www.stu.edu/students) link, then click on Commencement Services under the Resources for Students heading.
3. How can I obtain information regarding graduation activities?
All information is available on the STU web; click on the Students (www.stu.edu/students) link, then click on Commencement Services under the Resources for Students heading.
4. Do I have to pay for my cap and gown?
Yes, there is a cost for the cap and gown. All graduating students with plans of participating in the ceremony must order the appropriate cap and gown on during their designated Graduation Expo date or Online. There will be no other opportunity to place cap and gown orders.
5. I am a graduate student can I use my undergraduate cap and gown?
No, the cap and gown for graduate students is different from those for undergraduate students.
6. I’m graduating with honors, when will I get my honor cord?
Undergraduate honor students will receive their honor cord(s) when they receive their graduation packet. Graduate students do not receive honor cord(s). Graduate students will receive written notification regarding academic honors and honor cords from the Registrar’s Office.
7. How many guests can I have at the graduation ceremony?
Each graduating student will receive four (4) tickets. Each guest must have an admission ticket for the ceremony. Fire marshal regulations require that every guest, including infants, have a ticket. Please note no one will be admitted without a ticket.
8. Is it mandatory that I attend the Baccalaureate Mass?
No, but we do encourage your attendance.
9. What if I or one of my guests have a disability that will require special accommodations?
Pursuant to the provision of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), any student or student’s guest that will require special accommodations to participate in this event is asked to notify the Resgistrar’s of their specific needs via e-mail at email@example.com. Notification must be received three weeks prior to the student’s scheduled commencement ceremony.
Designated seating for guests with handicap needs is limited. Only one individual may sit with the guest who has special needs. Your cooperation is required in order to accommodate all of our guests.
A sign-language interpreter will be provided during the Commencement ceremony. No request is needed for this service.
10. Are the diplomas distributed during the commencement ceremony?
No. The Student Success Center will contact all graduating students via your STU email account to as soon as diplomas are available for pick-up or delivery.
11. Are caps and gowns required for the Baccalaureate Mass?
Only the gown and hood (if applicable) should be worn over proper church attire for the Baccalaureate Mass.
12. What time should I arrive for Baccalaureate Mass?
You should arrive at O’Malia Hall Breezeway for line up at 6:30pm.
13. What time must I arrive at the Fernandez Family Center for Leadership & Wellness for the graduation ceremony?
May Graduates: 12:30pm
14. If I arrive late to the graduation ceremony, what should I do?
A member of the graduation staff will direct graduates arriving late to the ceremony as to when they can join the ceremony.
15. I have completed a certificate; may I participate in the commencement ceremony?
No. Only degree seeking students are eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
16. If I previously ordered a cap and gown for a previous commencement, but did not qualify and now I do; do I need to reorder a new cap and gown?
Yes. All cap and gowns that are not used are returned to the vendor. Please order a new one at one of the Graduation Expos.
17. I am an online student out of state, how do I order my cap and gown?
If you are unable to order at the Graduation Expo, please visit collegegrad.herffjones.com and type in St. Thomas University to place your order. If you are a Doctor graduate and unable to order on campus, please contact Herff Jones to place your order at 305-271-6769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
18. I attended the Graduation expo and placed an order for my cap and gown; how will I receive it?
You will receive an email to your STU email account to notify you that cap and gowns are ready for pick-up at the St. Thomas University Bookstore.