Director of Web and Interactive Media
St. Thomas University’s Office of Marketing and Communications is looking for a Director of Web and Interactive Media experienced in development and implementation of web pages, creating page templates as well as managing content in different web properties. The Director of Web and Interactive Media will oversee web content strategy and lead in the redesign of the website.
In this role, you will advance the story of the university’s work through a wide range of digital vehicles and manage projects from inception to delivery on time and within budget. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of content strategy principles and practices, familiarity with web development process (from discovery to production and implementation), with demonstrated ability of having launched websites and created content across a range of platforms.
- Responsible for converging content strategy and UX design, applying solutions for content organization, navigation, hierarchy, interaction design, and user processes, to create effective digital experiences and connecting brands with consumers.
- Lead all UX strategic and design efforts, inclusive of research, developing user personas and journeys, IA, and UX design developing interactive wireframe systems and prototypes.
- Collaborate with developers/agencies to architect mobile & web experiences, creating content solutions using wireframes, designs and prototypes.
- Perform site/product audits for usability, content and UX best practices.
- Lead product design/user testing and present actionable results in addition to spearheading the implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Champion the planning and implementation of content solutions based on user research findings, analytics, and other data that employ user experience and SEO best practices, designing content structure and hierarchy
- Produce content strategy deliverables in support of overall communications goals, branding, and digital strategy including but not limited to messaging and style guidelines, workflows, audits, templates, outlines, manuscripts and editorial calendars to guide the development of an effective digital product.
- In collaboration with marketing team, implement ‘A/B’ testing, usability testing, and other testing as needed.
- Work with the digital marketing team to drive consistent website growth through the effective integration of key words and metadata, implementation of organic SEO tactics, and inclusion of relevant content.
- Develop landing pages for digital marketing – and other paid and organic – campaigns.
- Use Google Analytics and other means to measure and analyze effectiveness of advertising campaigns, and generate reports for the vice president that detail your analysis.
- Collaborate with Designers and Developers to architect mobile & web experiences and support creative team in the application of color, typography, photography, organization, and usability.
- Work in partnership with a larger team, i.e. Faculty, Staff, Athletics, Philanthropy Creative teams, Marketing managers and Project Managers to develop cross-platform creative solutions.
- Articulate abstract and/or conceptual decisions in a clear and simple manner to influence key internal stakeholders and clients as necessary.
- Leverage available analytics data to inform design choices and optimizations.
- Fluent in new developments in design, technology and new media trends and able to evaluate the adoption of these in your work.
- Manage vendors and consultants.
- 2+ years of UX design and digital content creation, consulting content strategy experience or experience in a related field.
- A content strategy/UX design work portfolio is required.
- Proficiency in tools for the job such as Word Press Design and DotNetNuke (DNN).
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in technical and content-driven SEO
- Experience supporting site migrations and redesigns
- Experience with CMSs (Drupal, WordPress, or something similar) and basic ability to perform maintenance of digital products.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Other Required Skills:
Excellent in time management, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills
Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
All applications should include a cover letter, résumé, and writing samples submitted in a in MS Word or Adobe PDF format along with the references to web sites or projects to which the applicant has made a significant contribution. In cases where the web project was developed as part of a team, the application should make clear the nature and extent of the applicant’s contribution to the site.
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
Criminal background checks are required prior to commencement of employment. Official transcript(s) required.