ST. THOMAS UNIVERSITY Spring 2023
New Student Orientation and Registration
New Undergraduate Students
Upon receiving admission to St. Thomas University, new students are required to submit a $200 tuition deposit to secure their seat for the upcoming semester. Upon submission of the tuition deposit, you must RSVP for one of the mandatory virtual orientation dates below. A faculty advisor will register your classes for you prior to your scheduled orientation date, and you will be able to adjust your schedule at an in-person Bobcat Bash event (if necessary). As a student, your faculty advisor will assist you in creating an academic plan that will set you on track to graduate as soon as possible. Your advisor will also help you with class registration for all future semesters as a Bobcat!
Spring 2023 Students
Congratulations on becoming a Bobcat! To confirm your enrollment, please RSVP for an Orientation date below.
Online Orientation is a fun, informative event that lasts about 90 minutes. You have 24 hours to complete all the modules.
Spring 2023 VIRTUAL Orientation dates (please choose one date, click to schedule):
** New traditional on ground students are required to submit a $200 tuition deposit to secure their seat for the upcoming semester and register for classes. **
Exempt from the Orientation Event
- Current STU students
- Dual Enrollment students
- Graduate students
- Online Students
- Submit $200 Enrollment Deposit.
- Please review the Housing Requirements! Then, submit a housing application (Online Housing Application) OR submit a Housing Exemption Request form if you do NOT plan to live on campus.
- Submit STU Health and Vaccination Disclosure Form and copies of immunization records (Student Health Forms).
What do I need to know before Orientation Day?
- You must submit your one-time $200 Tuition Deposit to secure your spot at the virtual orientation (this is not an additional fee, it goes toward your tuition).
- At 8am the day of your scheduled orientation, we will email you a link to log in to your Orientation CANVAS account. You will need to complete each module.
- During orientation, you will learn how to navigate through Canvas and MyBobcat, View Financial Aid Documents, Receive your Class Schedule, and more!
- In the very last module, you must complete the Registration Acknowledgement.
- Once you have completed all modules, you are now officially a Bobcat!
What do I need to know after completing the Virtual Orientation?
- An Admissions Counselor or Coach will follow up with you the following Monday to see if you have any additional questions.
- Sign up for one of the in-person Bobcat Bash events. The Bobcat Bash is catered for students who have already completed the virtual orientation and are ready to meet with various departments in person to finish all remaining tasks (receive student ID card, pick up STU parking pass, adjust class schedule, discuss financial aid options, etc.)
- Utilize the Incoming Student Checklist to make sure you have submitted all required documents to financial aid, applied for housing or completed a housing exemption form, complete student health forms, waive out of school health insurance (if applicable), and finally set up a payment plan with the Business Office.
- Make sure you send your final official transcripts to STU after graduation or your final college term.
November 15, 2022: Admissions Spring Priority Deadline, be sure to Submit your $200 Enrollment Deposit.
December 15, 2022: First Payment Plan is Due. Sign-up for your plan via your MyBobcat account. DO NOT WAIT to get this done, the sooner you enroll, the better.
January 13, 2023: Insurance Waiver Deadline (If you plan to waive coverage). Click here for instruction on how to waive out of the school health insurance!