Online Nursing Instructor
It is the responsibility of the Full Time Online Faculty to help on the assessment of the courses for the online program and help on the evaluation of the Academic outcomes of the Program following CCNE accreditation standards. Support the Director as a leader in developing, coordinating and supervising all aspects of the program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Help the Director of Online Nursing or Assistant Director to evaluate courses to make sure students are provided with appropriate level of instruction.
- Periodically review of the used and available instructional material currently in effect for teaching.
- Develop course curriculum, course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Implement a variety of teaching methodologies that facilitate delivery of course content and the achievement of the courses learning outcomes.
- Provides quality instruction for the students.
- Ensures the assessment of students learning outcomes per course.
- The faculty also is responsible for the development of course objectives, outline, syllabi, and course competencies
- Make sure all Syllabus are posted accurate and updated
- Help on the new faculty orientation
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Teach 24 credits during each calendar year
- Complies with the University’s mission, catalog, policies and procedures and the Faculty Handbook.
- Works with the Director of Online and Faculty on selection of textbooks and resources.
- Work with the Library to ensure that the needs of the program are met.
- Assist the Campus librarians to ensure that the library and resource room have enough
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to communications (e-mail/voicemail) on a daily basis.
- Experience and dynamic Nurse Faculty with ability to interact with all members of the Nursing program and students in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work efficiently under time constraints.
- Able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic and comfortable with changes and innovation and willing to participate in new projects for the expansion and growing of the Online Nursing Programs.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The Full time Online Faculty is a partially remote position.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a DNP
- At least three years of administrative and teaching experience with Online component preferred in an accredited institute of higher education
- Knowledge of LMS, CANVAS
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous management and leadership experience preferred
APPLICATION PROCESS: A complete application must include a full CV, teaching statement, research statement, three letters of recommendation and a copy of transcripts. Online applications are preferred and should be sent to:
MS Word or PDF attachments only.
St. Thomas University is an E-Verify® Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
All employees are required to pass a criminal background screening and official degree transcripts will be required upon hire.