The Center for Ethics is committed to presenting community programming and educational activities that tackle many of the important issues of the day affecting those living and working in South Florida. Since its inception the Center has organized and sponsored a number of conferences, workshops and seminars including the following:
- United Nations Global Compact Conference
A Center-organized dialogue in which United Nations officials and business executives explored ethic responsibility regarding human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption.
- Environment Practices Conference
On “Greening the Campus,” with ten universities attending and sharing their current programs and plans for sustainable practices.
- Charter Education Program
As community outreach, the Center served as a year-long advisor for this program of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools.
- Ethics Issues for Nonprofit Agencies
An on-campus ethics conference led by leaders in the nonprofit community.
- When Politics and Law Collide Conference
A symposium on the interplay of ethical standards in the public arena, co-sponsored by St. Thomas University School of Law, the Commission on Ethics and Public Trust of Miami-Dade County, and the Daily Business Review
- Political Campaign Ethics Conference
The Center partnered with the Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics to hold a one-day conference on ethical and legal issues affecting campaigns and elections.
- Justice, Ethics and Community Conference
This timely day-long program was conducted and attended by lawyers, chiefs of police and community leaders from South Florida with the active participation of students from the university criminal justice department.
- Facing Up top Suicide Seminar
- Workshop Series on the Legal and Ethical Responsibilities of Elected Officials
- Law, Ethics and Justice Conference (scheduled for 2016)