STU is committed to the health and safety of all our students and employees and have developed a plan to minimize the risk of exposure to the coronavirus with a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety device. The Rave Guardian app will replace the daily in-person temperature checks with a daily COVID-19 self-symptom checker on the app. For this plan to be effective, we need active participation from everyone who comes on campus.
All students, faculty and staff are expected to download the Rave Guardian app and complete the self-screening survey daily. Anyone who intends to be active on campus should be sure to complete the survey before leaving their residence. The checker is simple to use. Simply answer a few questions and if you are safe to come to campus you will see a green check; if you are not, you will see a red stop sign telling you to stay home.
You will receive notifications to complete the self-screening in three ways:
· Rave Guardian app alert
· Text to your mobile phone number, if added to your RAVE profile, from the email communication last week
· E-mail to your STU e-mail address
You may choose the method that is best for you each day to complete the survey.
All students, faculty and staff will begin receiving notifications Monday, August 31.
The symptom checker will contain questions related to coronavirus and COVID-19 symptoms. After completing and submitting the survey, you will be advised about your eligibility to come to campus through the same tool.
The screening notifications will be sent at 7:00 a.m. daily. While we understand that this is very early for some, this tool has to serve all members of our campus community, including those who work early shifts, to ensure all essential operations are up and running prior to the start of each day.
Should you indicate that you have symptoms or other risk factors, a follow-up communication will be sent through Rave for next steps. Please respond to follow-up communications within a two-hour window.
Directions for Downloading Rave Guardian
Step 1: Download the App
Smartphone Users: Please download and install the Rave Guardian mobile app for your respective device (Android – Google play store, iPhone – Apple app store). Once downloaded, enter your STU credentials. The daily poll will appear in your inbox in the app.
Non-Smartphone Users: You can complete the survey by logging accessing your STU email through Office 365.
Step 2: Enjoy the app and its many other features!
The Rave Guardian mobile phone app enhances safety on campus through real-time interactive features that create a virtual safety network. Other features include:
· Stored medical emergency information: Users can build an app profile, including any personal and medical information, which can be shared with designated responders.
· Submit information: Text information, including photos, about suspicious activity or maintenance requests, such as when a light is out on campus, directly to STU.
· Timer: Set a timer in a few easy steps, and friends and family can watch loved ones walk at night or travel to a new area.
· Call directory: Access other emergency and campus numbers at the push of a button.
If you encounter technical issues with Rave Guardian, please contact the Compliance Office at 305-628-6648 or email@example.com.