St. Thomas University earned the first Mid-South Conference win in program history, defeating Warner University, 38-31 in a dramatic, overtime comeback win on Saturday afternoon.
John Israel – Cooper led the way for the St. Thomas offense, catching 13-passes for 161-yards and three touchdowns. Israel – Cooper broke free of the defense for a 50-yard score in the first quarter to get STU on the board, before adding his final score of the day in overtime, scoring from nine-yards away to give the Bobcats the win.
Israel – Cooper earned Mid-South Conference Offensive Player of the Week honors for his performance, becoming the second player in St. Thomas University football history to garner the recognition.
Other program highlights include:
- Hosted 2019 Senior Night, in which seniors: George Koutsopoditis, Frank Long, Romario Atkinson, Harry Molyneux (Captain), Tomas Greco, Ayax Armas, Pablo Gil (Captain), Marcus Emilani, Tobias Rodriguez – Brindicci, Max Franke and Jeankarlo Nieto were honored in a pregame ceremony.
- The Bobcats defeated Johnson & Wales, defeating the Wildcats, 2-0. In the match, senior Captain, Gil recorded the go-ahead goal in the 34th
- Thomas traveled to Babson Park, taking on Webber International in the regular season finale on Saturday, November 2. STU beat WIU, 1-0, courtesy of a Franke penalty kick in the 29th minute.
- Following back-to-back shutout performances, goalkeeper, Mike Marx was named the Sun Conference Men’s Soccer Defensive Player of the Week.
- STU hosts the Quarterfinal round of the Sun Conference Tournament on Saturday, November 9 from Bobcat Field, hosting Johnson & Wales in a rematch of the 2018 Sun Conference Quarterfinals. The match begins at 7 p.m.
- Concluded the regular season with a two-match week, which began against No.1 Keiser University. St. Thomas lost in the match, 3-2. Karina Media opened the match with her fourth goal of the season, in the 21st minute and Leslie Celis added her third goal of the season in the 35th minute.
- On Saturday, November 2, STU hosted 2019 Senior Night for the Women’s team, honoring three seniors: (Captain) Sandy Benito, Whitney Clark and Iona Rothfield. The Bobcats won the match in overtime, as captain, Andrea Manzur, netted the game-winning goal in the 91st minute.
- The Bobcats host the Sun Conference Quarterfinals on Saturday, November 9, from Bobcat Field. St. Thomas takes on SCAD – Savannah with the match kicking off at 1 p.m.
- Opened the 2019-20 campaign on the road, against Johnson University, defeating the Suns, 76-40. Kylie Vogel made her STU debut, recording a double-double off the bench, shooting 50%, collecting 18-points and 11-rebounds.
- Thomas extended their season-long winning streak to five games, sweeping a two-match week against Ave Maria and Webber International.
- STU defeated Ave Maria on Wednesday, October 30 in four-sets from the Fernandez Family Center. Amanda Allende tied her career-high in kills with 21 and added 19-digs.
- On Saturday, November 2, STU honored four seniors: Lucia Alvarez, Carli Batsel, Irina Rakitina and Dayma Pla, prior to a match against Webber International. The Bobcats won in four-sets.