A five sport super Saturday resulted in a few historic STU wins, and a lot of action for Bobcat fans.
The STU Bobcats were on a roll, winning 4 games throughout the week. Most notably, STU won the second game in its Football program history, defeating Allen University (S.C.) 36-23.
Robert Armes led the Bobcats offense, with 172 rushing yards, on 16-carries and added a 64-yard rushing touchdown. Michael Torrence was a catalyst on defense, adding eight tackles, including five for losses and a quarterback sack.
Other top highlights from the week of October 14 through 21 include:
- Golf: Thomas played in the 18th annual Webber Classic in Lake Wales. Antoni Sbert Sabater led STU, shooting -2 for the tournament, as the Men’s team placed second. Camila Ariano placed 21st and finished with 16 par finishes.
- Men’s Soccer: The No. 12 Bobcat split their Sun Conference matches, losing to (RV) Keiser and beating Florida Memorial in the “Battle of Miami Gardens”. Pedro Moriera recorded his second hat trick of the season and Micheal Marx added a shut-out.
- Volleyball: STU Volleyball also added a win over Florida Memorial in the “Battle of Miami Gardens”, beating the Lions in four sets. Tyran Chenault recorded a season-high, 19 kills, while Lucia Alvarez had 21 assists and four service aces.
- Women’s Soccer: Currently riding a season-high, three match winning streak in which the Bobcats have two Sun Conference victories (Warner, South Carolina-Beaufort). In the win over USCB, senior captain, Sandy Benito recorded her team-leading seventh goal of the season. The goal for Benito, came in the 75th minute and was the game-winner.
- Cross Country: Ran at the Sand Shark Invitational in Hardeeville, S.C. The Women placed 7th (20 teams) and the Men placed 3rd (17 teams). Susana Gutierrez placed 11th to lead the Women, while Tommy Cardenas placed 16th to pace the Men.
For more information on our Bobcat Athletics, please visit https://stubobcats.com/