University Library Archives & Special Collections
The University Archives and Special Collections preserve, organize, and promote the use of the University’s permanent records and the rare and special materials that support the University’s educational mission.
The University Archives and Special Collections serve as a resource for St. Thomas University members, as well as scholars and researchers that are part of the academic community at large. Many of the items in our Special Collections have been curated for digitization and are now accessible as part of our Digital Collections.
The University Archives feature a collection of historical records, published materials, ephemera, and objects pertaining to the history of St. Thomas University from its inception to the present. The Archives preserve materials from Santo Tomas de Villanueva in Havana, Cuba (1946 to 1961), Biscayne College (1961 to 1983), and St. Thomas University (1984 to the present).
The University Archives collect and makes available records of permanent historical value from the University’s governing bodies, administrative offices, and academic departments, as well as materials on the University’s curriculum and student life. The University Archives hold documents in the following formats: minutes, correspondence, photographs, reports, yearbooks, syllabi, theses and dissertations, student and alumni periodicals, and other University publications.
A digital collection of the University’s yearbook, Logos, is available online.
The Special Collections house unique, rare, and special research materials, including books, manuscripts, photographs, prints, posters, and other printed ephemera. The Special Collections also house several significant collections of personal papers and corporate records.
- Archdiocese of Miami Collection [Finding Aid]
- Judge C. Clyde Atkins Papers
- Jeanne Bellamy Florida Books Collection
- The Catholic Church in Cuba Collection
- Gilbert K. Chesterton Collection
- Driftwood Literary Arts Magazine
- Jackie Gleason Kinescope Archives
- Graduation Programs Collection
- Father John Kelly’s The Catholic University of Havana
- The Florida Catholic Digitized Newspapers
- Logos Yearbook
- Miami Latin Film Festival Collection
- William Miller and Catholic Worker Movement Collection
- National Office for Black Catholics (NOBC)
- Professor Richard Raleigh’s Biscayne College 1962-1966: The Charter Years
- Rare Books Collection
- Ana Rodriguez-Soto Collection [Finding Aid]
- Sermons by Saint Thomas of Villanova
- Universidad de Santo Tomás de Villanueva Archives
- The Voice Digitized Newspapers
- The Voice/La Voz Editorial Photograph Collection on Shared Shelf
- La Voz Católica Digitized Newspapers
- Walt Whitman Collection
Accessing the Archives and Special Collections
The use of materials in the University Archives and Special Collections is by appointment.
For information, or to schedule an appointment, contact Isabel Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, the use of some documents may be restricted.