(Administrator with Faculty Rank)
Dr. Heidi Schmidt is a Doctoral Dissertation Chair, Program Director- Charter School Leadership and Associate Professor in the School of Leadership, Education and Communication at St. Thomas University. Dr. Schmidt has 36 years of teaching experience in K-12 education. She was an elementary and junior high school teacher. Her administrative roles included Associate Principal, Middle School Principal and 16 years as a District Administrator. She has spent ten years teaching in higher education. Dr. Schmidt has facilitated on-the-ground courses and has worked for the last four years in online education. Dr. Schmidt has facilitated courses in the doctoral program at St. Thomas University since 2015. She has served as Dissertation Chair to students and is currently a reader on several student dissertation teams. Dr. Schmidt has an interest in qualitative research. Dr. Schmidt earned her doctoral degree in Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis from UW Madison. In addition, she earned her master’s degree from UW Madison in Educational Administration (with a Curriculum & Instruction minor). Dr. Schmidt implemented one of the first K-12 three-tiered school based mental health programs in Wisconsin. The program has been recognized by Wisconsin’s State Superintendent. Dr. Schmidt follows a servant leadership role and believes that her life-long learning quest fits with her interests in leadership, curriculum, instruction, and assessment. She believes in supporting students through coaching collaboration and communication which helps them to reach their next educational achievement level.
- Schmidt, H. (May, 2017). Strength and resiliency The Hortonville area school district’s journey to mental wellness. Wisconsin School News. 10-14. Retrieved from: https://issuu.com/wischoolnews/docs/wsn_may_2017/30
- Schmidt, H., Timm, T. and Neyhard, W. (2017). E3-Our Journey to School Based Mental Wellness presentation at the Wisconsin School Social Worker Conference 2017: http://wsswa.org/ on November 9, 2017..
- Schmidt, H. and Neyhard, W. (2017). E3: Our Journey to School Based Mental Wellness presentation at the Conditions for Learning Forum, Nashville, TN: http://www.cvent.com/events/conditions-for-learning-forum-2017/event-summary-85bfbf5710ef48c2b9b92021ab6f5375.aspx on September 26, 2017.
- Schmidt, H. and Neyhard, W. (2017). E3: Our Journey to School Based Mental Wellness presentation at the Wisconsin Association of School Boards Summer Leadership Summit: https://www.wasb.org/meeting-and-events/event-recaps/ on July 14, 2017.
- Schmidt, H. (2016). Strategic Planning facilitator, Hortonville Area School District: http://www.hasd.org/district/strategic_planning.cfm on April 23, 2016.
- Schmidt, H. (2012). School District Implementation as a Professional Learning Community presentation to Hortonville Area School District Annual Meeting: http://www.hasd.org/ on October 28, 2012.
- Schmidt, H. (2010). Educator Effectiveness pilot school district using MLP/OASYS (James Stronge evaluation model) approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction through CESA 6: https://www.cesa6.org/services/ep/index.cfm
- Schmidt, H. (2006). Impact of 4k Community Collaborative and K-12 Education speech for Wisconsin State Assembly Task Force on Four Year Old Kindergarten.
- Schmidt, H. (1991 and 1992). Interviewing Process for Teachers for UW Platteville Career Fair: https://www.uwplatt.edu/cpdo/career-fair-student-information
- Schmidt, H. (1991). Building Restructuring and Change presentation at Association of Wisconsin School Administrator Conference: https://awsa.memberclicks.net/professional-learningpage