Student Senate of the Student Government Association
Thank you for your interest in serving the student body. Serving as a student Senator makes you a representative of your fellow students at St. Thomas University. As a Student Senator you will be taking on the challenging and fulfilling duty of dealing with student issues, as well as legislating on behalf of your student constituency. As a voting member of the Senate you will provide for the welfare and betterment of all of the enrolled students at St. Thomas University. In this honored leadership position you make your voice heard, and stand up for student rights. The Student Senate along with the executive officer of the Student Government Association proudly provides this opportunity for your growth and development as a leader.
Senators will be expected to attend all assemblies. These assemblies are open attendance by any student of St. Thomas University, however only Student Senators have speaking privileges to the floor and voting membership. Failure to uphold the following standards can result in removal from the Student Senate.
-Participate in all Student Senate assemblies
-Participate in all Student Senate activities
-Adhere to St. Thomas University’s Student Code of Conduct
-Maintain good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
Because the process is selective, you will be required to fill out the following application, and:
- Provide one evaluation form from a faculty or staff member
- Provide a copy of your AER showing your cumulative GPA
- Provide a one page, typed, double-spaced essay in response to the following questions:
- What are your qualifications to be a Senator for the St. Thomas University Student Senate?
- If you become a Senator, what are your goals and objectives for your term in office?
- In what ways will your qualifications help you execute these plans and meet these objectives?
- Undergo at least one interview
- If accepted you must be active for at-least 2 semesters.
Student Senate Application
Step 1: Complete the following online application:
Step 2: Print the following evaluation form pdf, have it completed and email it to :firstname.lastname@example.org