Thriving in Ministry
Thriving in Ministry seeks to engage with ministry students and leaders from different Christian denominations and cultures to create and sustain flourishing, multiethnic faith communities. This is achieved through a dual approach that resources spiritual discernment and ongoing educational and formational needs while collaborating with leaders of faith communities on broad societal concerns central to parishes, congregations and their members today. The goal of our project is to develop a sustainable model for connecting with pastoral leaders interconfessionally, interculturally, and intergenerationally, and thus helping them be equipped to thrive in ministry in a time seemingly characterized by disruption, polarization, and limitation.
Enrichment and Empowerment
Pastors participating in the program will be involved in the following activities:
- Nine-month cohort experience
- National and local pastoral mentorship/training
- Formal theological education
- Spiritual companionship and counseling
- Small and large group sessions one day each month
- Resources and materials from all sessions
- Grand Seminar with national speaker (green room invitation)
- Access to pastoral resources in STU library
- Unlimited access to all events and training sessions throughout the duration of the program
- Community project to enhance partnership between fellow pastors/clergy and engage in an immersion experience that will shape personal ministry.
Please click here to complete the application online.
How to apply?
- Please click here to complete the application
- Email a letter of recommendation to Thrivinginministry@stu.edu.
The application deadline is August 5, 2022
You will be informed of your acceptance by August 1, 2022.
For questions or to email documents, please contact: ThrivinginMinistry@stu.edu