Thriving in Ministry
A priority for the School of Theology & Ministry is to engage its diversity of community connections to transfer lessons learned regarding congregational vitality across those of a wide variety of traditions and backgrounds through the lens of practical theology. This program supports the School of Theology in the expansion of its engagement with ministry students, pastors, and all clergy, with a particular emphasis on creating and sustaining flourishing, multiethnic faith communities. This will be achieved through a dual approach that resources spiritual discernment and ongoing educational and formational needs while collaborating with leaders of faith communities on broad societal concerns central to congregations and their members today. The goal of our project is to develop a sustainable model for connecting with pastoral leaders interconfessionally, interculturally, and intergenerationally, and thus helping them be equipped to thrive in ministry in a time seemingly characterized by disruption, polarization, and limitation.
Enrichment and Empowerment
Pastors participating in the program will be involved in the following activities:
- Nine-month cohort experience
- National and local pastoral mentorship/training
- Formal theological education
- Spiritual companionship and counseling
- Small and large group sessions one day each month
- Resources and materials from all sessions
- Grand Seminar with national speaker (green room invitation)
- Access to pastoral resources in STU library
- Unlimited access to all events and training sessions throughout the duration of the program
- Community project to enhance partnership between fellow pastors/clergy and engage in an immersion experience that will shape personal ministry.
Please click here to complete the application online.
- Completed application with the autobiography.
- Letter of recommendation from former leader or supervisor, etc.
- Letter of intent, expressing interest and desire an enrichment opportunity among other pastoral colleagues.
For questions or to email documents, please contact: ThrivinginMinistry@stu.edu