Master of Science in Cybersecurity & Analytics
The M.S. in Cybersecurity and Analytics is a 1-year, 30-credit, evening program in STEM that provides skills that are in-demand in the fast-growing fields of cybersecurity and analytics.
- Courses are aligned with top industry certifications, such as CompTIA and CISSP
- The program is designed for students with diverse backgrounds
- There is strong emphasis on internships and job placement
The MS Cybersecurity and Analytics provides critical skills to combat cyber threats. You’ll learn about
- Cloud security
- Hacking, social engineering, DDoS, Malware
- Networks, VPNs, Firewalls
- Wireless security
- Best practices to secure systems
STEM and OPT
STEM degrees are a national priority in the United States, and can provide foreign students with a 24 month OPT extension. Learn more.
What is the outlook for Cybersecurity Careers?
- Average salary for U.S. Cyber Security professional is $116,000
- The Cybersecurity profession is growing at a rate of 115% through the next 5 years
- Worldwide shortage of Cybersecurity professionals: 1 million openings
According to CBS News, there are about 465,000 open positions in cybersecurity nationwide as of May 2021.
“There is a 0% unemployment rate in the security field. That rate … shows no sign of changing. So anyone with experience or education in cybersecurity should have no
problem finding a job.” (esecurityplanet.com)
The curriculum covers core concepts of networks, cybersecurity, and analytics, all using real-world applications and modern tools.
||Internet Protocols & Network Management Security||Fundamentals of Big Data Analytics|
|Cyber Security Technologies||Programming for Data Analytics|
||Cyber Security Operations||Data Engineering|
|Ethical Hacking for Business||Data Warehousing|
||Cyber Capstone / Internship||Big Data Applications|