NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION & REGISTRATION
Thursday – July 28, 2022 (In-person)
10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Carnival Cruise Line Building (Science Bldg.)
Room #: CCL-101
***ON-CAMPUS ATTENDANCE IS
MANDATORY FOR ALL NEW NURSING STUDENTS***
2022 Fall New BSN Students
Congratulations on becoming a Bobcat!
To confirm your attendance, please register on the link below
Register Online Here
BSN STUDENT CLINICAL PACKET CHECKLIST
Complete before Wednesday – July 27, 2022
Access American Data Bank, 1-(800) 200-0853: https://stthomasuniv.complio.com
- Select & Order Package: (1) immunization, (2) background/fingerprint check, (3) drug screening, and (4) SSN Validation
- DO NOT SELECT Rescreening – ORDER ONLY IF INSTRUCTED.
- Download Forms: immunization form and physical examination form
- Complete: background/fingerprint and drug screening
- Upload: immunization records, physical examination form, CPR card, HIPAA compliance, and other records required for your clinical rotation
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Submit Deposit. You must submit your one-time $200 Tuition Deposit (this is not an additional fee, it goes toward your tuition).
- The morning of your orientation at 9:00 AM! We will send you a link to log in to your Nursing Orientation.
- Orientation is mandatory for all incoming nursing students
- Overview of nursing program academic policies, procedures, offices, key faculty and staff, student resources, and what’s expected of you in the program
- Meet and interact with your fellow classmates via virtually
CPR TRAINING (American Heart Association): Complete before Wednesday – July 27, 2022
$35.00 PER STUDENT (with a valid STU student ID) to include:
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Manual for Students (Full-color Booklet)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification (eCard – American Heart Association)
- Watch with a second hand
- Stethoscope (Littman Classic II recommended)
- Aneroid blood pressure cuff (Adult size)
More details to follow during your registration process.
NURSING STUDENT HANDBOOK
Review the Nursing Student Handbook prior to orientation and be prepared to sign the verification form stating that you have read and understood the contents. The form will be provided at orientation.
STU PARKING PASS: https://www.stu.edu/law/admissions/admitted-students/1l-information/parking-pass.html
More information will be provide at orientation. To acquire a parking pass you will need to submit a form electronically, follow these instructions:
1. Click Parking Application.
2. Enter your STU username and password.
3. Enter all necessary information, then click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
4. Please fill out the parking decal form and have the original as well as a copy of the required documentation handy in order to pick up your parking decals at orientation.
Decals will be issued at the Main Entrance Gatehouse (37th Avenue). You may collect your decal at any time after the completion of your Parking Application. When you when you pick up your parking decal, please bring with you:
1. Your Driver’s License
2. Your Vehicle Registration
3. Proof of Insurance and
4. STU ID or copy of your schedule