Benefits of On-Campus Living
On campus security is paramount to an effective learning environment and students are protected by surveillance cameras, a staff of Resident Assistants, and a security team that is on duty 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Instructors are close by for consultation, questions and mentorship.
- Academic Enhancement Center, Career Services, and other services are easily accessible
- Study groups can meet easily
- The library is accessible with a quiet environment for studying and access to computers and printers. Study rooms are also accessible for study groups to meet
Involvement in Activities and Building Endless Friendships
- Endless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships
- Easier to attend club meetings, team practices, sporting events, and study groups
- Resident Assistants host programs throughout the year
- Off-Campus TRIPS including transportation
- Eeasier access to participate in campus activities and events, that will help with socialization and building long lasting friendship and relationship.
- All STU residence halls are a short distance to campus spots, The Bobcat Cafe, Library, Fitness Center, Mac Lab, Rathskellar, campus convenience store, the Chapel of St. Anthony, bookstore and classes. Residents enjoy the convenience of walking to classes and campus events.
- Residents can take a nap in between classes or practice without having to deal with the Miami traffic
Easy and Affordable
- You pay one bill paid twice a year including all utilities, housekeeping/maintenance services, internet, local telephone, cable, and furnished room. Living off campus has hidden costs: Did you know that 71% of off-campus rentals are not furnished? By living on campus, you’ll avoid extra utility bills, rent, security deposits and expensive trips to the grocery store.
- All residents are welcome to using laundry facilities, recreational lounges with a ping-pong table, Wii and Xbox games, PlayStation, and SEVERAL flat-screen TVs, along with Air-hockey, Billiards Table, and other games in the Rathskellar. STU has a large recreation field for residents and a wellness center with a fitness room, locker rooms, and free gym time on our basketball/volleyball court.