Benefits of On-Campus Living
On campus security is paramount to an effective learning environment and students are protected by surveillance cameras, a staff of Resident Assistants, and a security team that is on duty 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Instructors are close by for consultation, questions and mentorship.
- Academic Enhancement Center, Career Services, and other services are easily accessible
- Study groups can meet easily
- Endless opportunities to meet new people and develop lasting friendships
Involvement in activities
- Easier to attend club meetings, team practices, sporting events, and study groups
- Resident Assistants host programs throughout the year
- Off-Campus TRIPS including transportation
- All STU residence halls are a short distance to campus spots, The Bobcat Cafe, Library, Fitness Center, Mac Lab, Rathskellar, campus convenience store, the Chapel of St. Anthony, bookstore and classes. Residents enjoy the convenience of walking to classes and campus events.
Easy and Affordable
- You pay one bill paid twice a year including all utilities, housekeeping/maintenance services, internet, local telephone, cable, and furnished room. Living off campus has hidden costs: Did you know that 71% of off-campus rentals are not furnished? By living on campus, you’ll avoid extra utility bills, rent, security deposits and expensive trips to the grocery store.
- The Housing complexes offer laundry facilities. Lounges are available to residents of Villanova Hall, Cascia Hall, and Murphy Family Residence. We also have recreational lounges with a ping-pong table, Wii and Xbox games, PlayStation, and SEVERAL flat-screen TVs, along with Air-hockey, Billiards Table, and other games in the Rathskellar. STU has a large recreation field for residents and a wellness center with a fitness room, locker rooms, and free gym time on our basketball/volleyball courts.