NEW at STU Fall 2022: Musical Theatre performance
In this exciting club you will take the spotlight!
- The musical theatre club will meet twice a week
- Performance opportunities for singers, dancers and actors of all levels
- Attend workshops with professionals in the field of theatre and musical theatre
- Learn about careers in the arts
FIA-100 meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3-5pm in the Bobcat Music Hall of Fame. Students must be registered for the course to participate.
The benefits of studying theatre:
- Build confidence and concentration
- Problem solving skills
- Communication Skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Emotional outlet
- Broaden your world view
- October 31st Halloween Haunted House 8pm
- Ritmo Y Sabor TBA
- November 16th Cabaret 6pm
- December 1st Christmas Concert 5pm
Stay tuned for Spring Auditions and Musical Announcement!
Studying theatre provides students with skills they will use for a lifetime. In any career or job, you will have the confidence to perform at the highest level.
Eligible undergraduate and graduate work-study is available.
Undergraduates: 15 hours per week
Graduate Assistants: 20 hours per week
First-time Freshman and transfer students can receive up to $8,000 a year in Musical Theatre Scholarships. Responsibilities include participation and performing in performances on and off-campus. Auditions will be held at the beginning and throughout each semester.
Auditions can be in person, online or through video submission. Please prepare a one minute song or monologue in the musical theater style.
Guidelines for auditions:
Prepare 16 bars of two contrasting songs (about 2minutes)
1 up tempo (quick)
1 ballad (slow)
*In all videos or online auditions be sure the sound quality is good and be sure that the camera is on
**Actors should prepare a 1-2 minute monologue
For more information about work-study, scholarships, or participation, contact Dr. Elizabeth Turner
ETurner@STU.EDU | 305-628-6770