St. Thomas University policies must:
- Endure across time and administrations, change infrequently, and set the course for the foreseeable future;
- Manifest and operationalize the University’s mission, vision, values, and principles;
- Apply broadly across the institution;
- Address compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Promote operational efficiency; and/or
- Manage institutional risk.
Background/Reason for Proposed New Policy, Revision of Policy, and/or Removal of Policy
Explain any relevant background and reasons for the proposed policy. Indicate whether the policy is a new policy, revision to an existing policy, or request for removal of an existing policy. If relevant, discuss how the proposed policy relates to existing STU policies. Identify any legal or regulatory requirements that the proposed policy aims to address.