Taxation – Graduate Business Certificate
Graduate Business Certificates increase student’s knowledge and skills by completing four courses in an area of specialization. Business Certificates are available ONLY in conjunction with graduate degree programs, and students should apply for the certificates when they apply for the degree.
The Certificate in Taxation is designed for the accounting graduate or the MBA or MSM student who wishes to expand his/her taxation knowledge. A practitioner’s viewpoint prevails.
Some of the job titles in this field include, Tax Consultant, Tax Accountant, Tax Manager, Senior Accountant, Finance Manger, Finance Director, Chief Financial Officer and Financial Analyst.
- Tax accounting is predicted to increase by 11% from 2014 to 2024.
- Average salary of $75,280 as of May 2015.
- Top paying industries are related to securities and commodity brokerages and the federal government.
- Growing demand to ensure tax are paid properly.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics projected that employment of accountants and auditors will grow about 16 percent from 2010 to 2020